Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Legends, Icons & Revolutionaries


Finally came across this photo that for a long while I thought I had lost in my picture files.
Hard to believe that I've had it for over 4 years and I still can't find the source information. I thought I would have it as the first in a series of images I am working on that I labelled "Legends, Icons & Revolutionaries"
Am also planning on printing this image on a black or white t-shirt before the summer but I would first like to get the source right so that I could credit it both in print and on the web. I will greatly appreciate any input on this.
NB: I am currently working on "Legends, Icons & Revolutionaries II" . I'm thinking of putting 2 men & a woman on it. Any suggestions very much welcome!
119.20.051.26p

5 Comments:

Blogger Aguf said...

King. Gandhi. Mandela. These are my role models of transformational leaders, not those we know who are full of empty rhetoric and tired slogans. If there is one person alive today whom I would like to meet, even for 1 minute, then that person is Madiba. Long live their teachings to humanity.

1/25/2005 3:54 PM  
Blogger akiey said...

You got that right Chef...there's very few current leaders that could match up to these three. Currently it's hard to tell a leader from a common low-level crook. Guess we need to redefine the term leader though:)

1/27/2005 9:40 AM  
Blogger spicebear said...

this is a tres cool concept, id definately get myself one of these if you put it on a tshirt.

cant wait to see the finished product

6/21/2006 3:21 PM  
Blogger akiey said...

Spicebear, I couldn't agree more about the pic. I'll mos def let U know when this lands on a t-shirt & I'll swing one your way.
Keep well.

7/11/2006 6:08 AM  
Anonymous SaHaRa said...

If you added Neyere - I would get one too. I know many of you out there are going, "grrr! Nyerere? Hell no!" I have always admired Mwalimu. For his strength, drive, beliefs and perseverence. Forget about some of his dreams that didn't come true, but he did do some wonders!

1/16/2007 5:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home