Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Legends, Icons & Revolutionaries


Finally came across this photo that for a long while I thought I had lost in my picture files.
Hard to believe that I've had it for over 4 years and I still can't find the source information. I thought I would have it as the first in a series of images I am working on that I labelled "Legends, Icons & Revolutionaries"
Am also planning on printing this image on a black or white t-shirt before the summer but I would first like to get the source right so that I could credit it both in print and on the web. I will greatly appreciate any input on this.
NB: I am currently working on "Legends, Icons & Revolutionaries II" . I'm thinking of putting 2 men & a woman on it. Any suggestions very much welcome!
119.20.051.26p

4 Comments:

Blogger akiey said...

You got that right Chef...there's very few current leaders that could match up to these three. Currently it's hard to tell a leader from a common low-level crook. Guess we need to redefine the term leader though:)

1/27/2005 9:40 AM  
Blogger spicebear said...

this is a tres cool concept, id definately get myself one of these if you put it on a tshirt.

cant wait to see the finished product

6/21/2006 3:21 PM  
Blogger akiey said...

Spicebear, I couldn't agree more about the pic. I'll mos def let U know when this lands on a t-shirt & I'll swing one your way.
Keep well.

7/11/2006 6:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you added Neyere - I would get one too. I know many of you out there are going, "grrr! Nyerere? Hell no!" I have always admired Mwalimu. For his strength, drive, beliefs and perseverence. Forget about some of his dreams that didn't come true, but he did do some wonders!

1/16/2007 5:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home