Saturday, January 21, 2006

Checking Body Parts

-Best viewed l-a-a-r-ge-
First off, I send out a big this to Blogger for being such a pain when I repeatedly tried to perform the most basic operations on their system. No wonder I've been planning to move my entire blog-related stuff to another site. Wapumbavu sana hawa madogi wa Blogger!
Lately I've had 101 photo design ideas struggling to pop out of my head & onto paper, website, print media etc faster than I can handle. For that reason I decided to draw on the creative juices by taking 3 ideas at a time, lol!
The above montage is one in a series I am developing as a tribute to some good fam & friends whose photos I recently came across on 2 CDs I thought I'd long-llost & were buried in the town's garbage dumps somewhere. The newly found CDs contain about 800 photos of people, places & things I caught on lens over the past 2 yrs & all this has now inspired an extra twenteen ideas ontop of the 101 I have doing the chakacha inside my thick head.
Currently, I am checking out body parts of people am close with, as well as those of blogpals who gave me the green light to use their pics (why the raised eyebrows, it's art!lol!), avatars & other blog 'things' for an upcoming composite photo meant to make fun of a situation that happened in my host country late last year but it's something we all can relate to since it was broadcast worldwide.
There' s still some room on the photo I am working on, so let me know on email, IM or phone if you'd like to be featured on it...Have no fear, won't make you look bad, if anything, you know my motto I Can Make U Famous.
Artists, like everyone else also do have a funny side. This caught my eye last nite. Enjoy:
--
An artist working on a nude portrait got very tired after a busy month. He had become very weary from this non-stop effort he decided to take it easy for the day. Since his model had already shown up he suggested they merely have a glass of wine and talk .
They talked for a few hours getting to know each other better. Then as they were sipping their claret the artist heard a car arriving outside. He jumped up and said "Oh no! It's my wife! Quick take off your clothes!"

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL@ Take of your clothes. What?
Non-LOL@Poi taking first and non-second positions.

Good work Don, I have slacked in sending you my pics from the last trip, heck, I have slacked in probably everything since I got back. *slaps self* - I am looking for someone to blame because u seriously dont expect me to blame myself, right? Not cool.

Anyway, thanks for the pics, (another thing I have slacked doing, damn) and sorry for the kumbaff bloggers (one for all et al) - be good and bear with me another x weeks :)

1/21/2006 3:22 PM  
Blogger Whispering Inn said...

LOL @ joke and @ the help from Poi to call blogger kubaff aaaaand @ Guess for looking for someone to blame! Ha ha ha!

1/21/2006 4:00 PM  
Blogger Nakeel said...

ooh my bro u gat me down on da joke.. Good to see you back...
Lovely week

1/23/2006 3:21 AM  
Blogger Prousette said...

akii My eyebrows are raised up to here --> pointing at hairline lovely work.
lol @joke !!

1/23/2006 6:32 AM  
Blogger Shaggy said...

Good to see you up & active again.

1/23/2006 9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh boy Akiey!! The things you do with photos is just crazy! Dont take very long with the one you are designing 'coz I can't wait to see the result!

Diane Orville

1/23/2006 9:15 AM  
Blogger irena said...

Kooooooooooooooollll I see familiar face:-) through the camouflage ....:-) Nice work!

1/23/2006 11:36 AM  
Blogger Msanii_XL said...

Nice picture...IM wanted btw

1/23/2006 1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loving your work as always, azizi. But the half and half photo makes me feel a little strange if I look at it too long:)

1/25/2006 12:06 PM  
Blogger k.i.d.a.d.a said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1/26/2006 9:22 AM  
Blogger k.i.d.a.d.a said...

Hey Akiey,

Great Stuff!!

The things you do with pics is so amazing, you think its an acquired skill or otherwise? Coz I want it.

Waiting for the highly anticipated one :)

1/26/2006 9:27 AM  
Blogger AfroFeminista said...

Glad to see you haven't forgotten Frida and Diego:)Very nice!

1/27/2006 1:47 AM  
Blogger akiey said...

It's said akiey was last night spotted doing 70MPH on 480 West heading back home from Tee Tee's. He'll leave a mark here this weekend.

1/28/2006 3:26 AM  
Blogger akiey said...

Poi, Yep, 1st here you are again:) Aaaah, now I can count on you to put blogger on the straight & narrow next time it acts up and yes, Kubaff tena jinga sana this blogger service,LOL!
I wish you could've seen the 5-yr old kind of joy on my face on finding those pics. Anything for family & friends, it's the least I could do.
-Send the pic(s) over & will get some good photo art going & yes, I Can Make U Famous Poi:)
Asante, nilikuwa na weekend poa makini kabisa!

Hey Sea Faring G! The joke's punchline had me laughing to tears too:)).
-I imagine Poi was hanging by the gates when I posted this entry, not to worry, let Marvin alert you fastest next time I post:)...plus you have a half-day time advantage over most KB-Dubs thisaways.
-Now stand infront of the mirror & slap the blame off your self & beam, post & share more of those pics so some of us could get inspired to keep blogging.

PS: Will call on you & Poi to dispense some mob justice & billions of blue bistering barnacles on the bugging Blogger, LOL!

Whispering Inn
I'll be recruiting you & the girl you were trying to hook up with in church (tsk,tsk!, shaking head with pity) to join the two KB-Dublettes above to get some work done. Will share more artist jokes in coming posts.

Lil Sis Nakeel, Always nice to have you around sisteh (now pass me the remote & go out to play Kalungu,LOL!)...will try to add more fun stuff to lighten up this boring blog of mine.

Prousette, LOL!!! Okay, it's now safe to lower your eyebrows now...there's more where that came from & did I mention 101-plus-twenteen photo ideas? Stick around & you just might need mascara to touch up your rising eyelashes too,LOL!

Brother "BJ" Jero,I am trying to stick around but it's not been too easy at times man! Thanks for dropping by, How's Uzbekistan?

Diane "D.Dot" Orville, Thans you, thank you and I take a bow for your constant encouragement. Wont take too long, photo's about ready & will show up in post after next. Watch this space! Nice week ahead!

Irena, you hard working girl:)) Yeah, I sensed you wouldn't miss that very familiar face & am sure you know even the person appearing here was surprised to see themselves in the montage. Nothing as good as surprising good friends:))
Hope you had a fab weekend.

Msanii_to-tha-XL, Wzup Mr. Late Nite Podcast Engineer?!,LOL! Thanks for the kudos on the pic, I keep trying, some day I may get to work with you on mixtape album covers/posters etc. Gracias for hooking me up with the many hits you're making.
-That Lebo Mashile hook had my head spinning. Thanks for the intro to this great talent!

mshairi, Heheh, why the strange feeling on looking at the half and half picture aziza?LOL! I've tried to look at it in many different ways & am yet to know..fill me in. Hey, maybe we could get Little Yobette to tell us too that way she'll be spending her time doing more constructive things.

k.i.d.a.d.a, Hey, Jeez, jeeez! it's 2006...finally,LOL! stuff I do with pics is pure & simple inspiration. I've never taken a photography/photo-video editing course, attened a workshop or even learnt under somebody. It's just a matter of being grateful to God by making use of some skills He sent my way.
Now, you know you'd know a triltion photo skills if only you weren't always rushing back to the Jazz Club:)) Let me know what you'd like to learn,ok?
PS: Anticipated one is almost done & many thanks for allowing me to use your pic & likeness.

AfroFeminista, Hey, nice to have you back:) You definitely have a good eye for detail and you're a true Frida-Diego fan. I am glad you noticed that:)
I have a superkool Kahlo-Rivera collage coming up shortly. Stick around.

1/29/2006 4:55 AM  
Blogger Snapshots of ... said...

LOL @ Poi - kubaff! Brilliant!

Akiiiiiiii! You have been busy. Took me over half an hour to go through all the stuff I have missed in last few months. Wow! Although must agree with poetic blog-girlfriend - the half half pictures make you go slightly cross-eyed with dodgy stomach feeling - like those pictures that used to be really popular that if you looked at them long enough they turned into something else (still freaks me out!) Hee hee! Your stuff is fantastic. Loved the collages.

2/13/2006 2:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home