Monday, September 12, 2005

It Wasn't Me

It’s very encouraging to see that many of you fine people have been opening your ‘e-homes’ to & even visiting this little, bead-eyed kid sporting the long-sleeved white top with the greenish-blue overalls & the unmistakable over-sized Rasta hat:) To anyone observant enough, this here has been the poster child of Maarifa, my English blog. I hope that besides serving as my preferred avatar (Am with U Milo & Guess!) the photo also distinguished:
akiey, the Maarifa English blogger from
akiey5, Tafsiri's, bilingual blogger. If not, then I obviously failed miserably!
Now, to set the record straight for all who’ve kindly asked: how old I was in this pic, whether I was doing the helicopter (yes, Nick, am still LoL!), if I still wear the Rasta hats & whether that’s part of what led me to sport medium sized locs at some point in my life. For those who’ve seen my more recent pics & stated that I haven’t changed much around the…err, eyes & wavy eyebrows especially (?), the love for jeans etc,etc.

The good/bad news is No, It Wasn’t Me. Because I:
-have somewhat beady eyes but less intense than those in the pic
-do love them jeans & have several white shirts & tees
-am crazy about caps, collect them & have owned very many since I was 16 but…
-never owned a Rasta hat & I don’t remember wearing one esp when I had locs
-dance almost every single day even if it’s for 5mins but not sure I’ve done the helicopter
-had very similar physical features to this kid when I was little but I…
-do not have ear piercings & the child has studs in both ears
-did/do not have long hair & the child has shoulder-length braided hair
-had a nick name at this age which was/is akiey- (pronounced ‘akii’)
-do not know the kid’s nickname but I know that:
The kid’s first name has 5 letters & so does mine. The kid’s now 6yrs old & was 3 when pic was taken. We both love dancing, we do look alike, we last talked a week ago. Kid thinks am very rich, I know am not,lol! Kid thinks am very gifted, I know the kid’s one of my gifts. Kid knows about my love for photos but doesn’t know I used the pic as my blog photo…

Now, that I’ve cleared the air about my lovely niece representing me on blog for most of the year, allow me to draw inspiration from MJY’s wonderful Freestyle Friday post (I loved this Kui, great idea) & ask:

What 3 questions d'you have to ask akiey?

Feel free to ask any 3 about anything and I’ll try not to be vague in answering them. Thanks!
Note to self…I am setting myself up for some nasty bashing, hope I don't regret this!

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your niece is a lovely child, akiey!

I am glad to be here first:)

Three questions for you:

1) Who is the love of your life
2) When did you first fall in love
3) When was your first kiss

Ok, before you say anything, I know my questions are about the same thing more or less - I am in that kind of mood:))

9/12/2005 4:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for clarifying about that pic - always wondered if she (then of course I thought it was a he) was wearing a helmet or something. Never could quite figure it out.

My 3 questions:
(1)What's the last item you bought for your house/apt/flat/room?
(2) What is your current bedtime reading?
(3) Do you believe in life after death?

9/12/2005 5:48 AM  
Blogger Milonare said...

hihihihi

I also thought that was a pre-school akii (written 'Akiey').

Maswali:

1. Remember those fairy-tale 3 wishes, what would be yours?
2. How would you describe urself in one word?
3. What do you want out of life?

PS. I'm taking pin-hole photos of appendages soon to be posted...

9/12/2005 6:26 AM  
Blogger Guessaurus said...

*setting yourself up for a bashing* - Would we do that to you sweet akiey? Naah, but the insomniac better take over and then when all's said and done you can say: It wasnt me!

Love the kid story, yes, I kinda thought it was a gal - but knowing you, I never know anything, but thanks anyway, and I see "the real Akiey" is still taking pride of place... *giggle* - please dont kick me for forgetting to do the Avatar thingy over the weekend...

Now, what do I want to know about Akiey?
Let me come back to you on that!

9/12/2005 9:34 AM  
Blogger Spidey/Tato said...

Guess love that pic

Ok Milo u asked for it literally!

1.(you knew i had to go there) u and irena:let it rip....
2.list like 3 of your greatest accomplishments or things ur mighty proud of
3.greatest failure in life or disappointment

9/12/2005 9:42 AM  
Blogger Nakeel said...

Almost late to my bro's house

Thanks for clarifying always thought that was you doing the kasimama dede.. but she is there

3 maswalis
1. what was your stupid question you asked the teacher the first day in school?
2. How do you forsee the future on your way?
3. wha was the best dream you ever had and wanted it to happen.

9/12/2005 10:05 AM  
Blogger Guessaurus said...

Ok I am back:

Qs:

1. I know the cure for insomnia, are you interested?
2. When you told me I am special last night, did you mean it, and what did you mean by 'special' :)Ha ha...
3. Can I come back and ask more appropriate questions?

@Nick - cheers mate! Love the way he runs - oh, and he has a British accent -weh hey!!

9/12/2005 12:36 PM  
Blogger k.i.d.a.d.a said...

Ooohh...Akiey!!! You disappoint me...here I was thinking 'the cutest lil' boy on planet Earth'...gggrrrrr...LOL!!

On the flip side, she's just adorable. I bet she must have a 'SIMBA KALI' scribbled somewhere near her premises,warning prospective boyfies'....she's just too cute!! Bless her!

Numero uno domanda:
What can a lady do to make you go like....uuuuuuuuu weeeeeee!!! ;)
NB: Not in pain...LOL!

Two more on the way...

9/12/2005 1:09 PM  
Blogger irena said...

Love your niece and she is right
okay Akiey I only have two question for you.

1.Are you ever going to wear the locs again? You looked so so hot in them:-)


2. Have you ever forgive me..? ( will have to call me for me to finish that sentence ) ha! ha! ha!

3. Promise you will not tell Nick anything about me and you?:-)))))) suspense is killing him LOL

9/12/2005 1:23 PM  
Blogger akiey said...

Ehe! This is not a reply yet. Just know am already feeling the heat & my mind's racing already. Has money changed hands here? Haki nitakiona,lol!
NB: Will post reply as a new post, will try not to disappoint.
The following needed urgent feedback:
Milo, we're awaiting exhibits of your appendages & I figure the chicks want to see you in a speedo,lol!
Guess, you still have room for more appropriate & inappropriate Qs.:))
Kidada, ask on gal, the damage is done already.Can't save myself, lol!
Irena, you got wondering so will call you,haha!

9/13/2005 12:41 AM  
Blogger Blue said...

And to think that all this time you had us thinking YOU used to be a cute loveable child! Shame on you Akiii!!

3 Sualis-

#1.Who do you feel you are?

#2. Why do men at the coast turn to look at buibui clad women when all they see is a fleeting glimpse of the eyes?

#3.If you were an alien which country would you make your home?

Blue

9/13/2005 1:04 AM  
Blogger Guessaurus said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9/13/2005 4:23 AM  
Blogger Guessaurus said...

I am baaaacccckk...

I have to warn you though, akiey, if your answer to my 'special' question veers towards my 'diminished' mental abilities, you are joining Milo in the corner :)

I love Blue's Qs - especially no 3 - can I come and be your alien nurse - I promised to wipe that gooey green stuff (on your profile pic)of with loadsa TLC

ok, another question:
Animals put us humans to shame. Discuss

of course, I'll be back...

*doing a jiggy dance and leaving the room before akiey slaps me 'ead topside*

9/13/2005 4:25 AM  
Blogger Milonare said...

Akiey
Re: Responses - U asked for it!!

Re: Appendages - This week for sure. Usijali. Hooves will hover, Talons with tintillate LOL

9/13/2005 10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty, lovely niece and loved the story too.
akiey, mine is gonna be a "fill in the blanks" thing & dontcha play smart dude, I know you!
1) ______(person or thing)is sexy -______(person or thing) is sexier
2) The celebrity that reminds me most of an ex of mine is______
3) If I could I would marry________ or______

9/13/2005 4:00 PM  
Blogger Uaridi said...

Lovely girl your niece.

Can I please get the recipt (and as I cannot spell, please correct) for the fish in coconut?

9/14/2005 5:28 AM  
Blogger Spidey/Tato said...

LOL to the max @guess ati "when u held me last night and looked deep into my eyes and whispered oh so tenderly that i was special..."
My my my guess is that why we missed the nursin session yesterday

9/14/2005 10:04 AM  
Blogger Acolyte said...

Well there is no way that I am missing a piece of this action!Here are my swalis
1.If you had 24 hours to live a)what would you do? b) where would you go?
c)who would you screw?
-does that count as one ama 3 questions.If it's just one then here are the other 2 which are softball questions anyhow
2. What is your most embarassing moment?
3. What is your greatest achievement?

9/15/2005 7:25 AM  
Blogger akiey said...

Kidada came around, emailed to clarify her Q as such:

"What can a lady do to make you go like....uuuuuuuuu weeeeeee!!! ;)
NB: Not in pain...LOL!"

Please dissect my question into 3 parts:
1. Mentally
2. Physically
3. Emotionally

9/17/2005 1:00 PM  
Blogger Milonare said...

Chief, bro!!! Tumengoja!!!

suspense is killing!!! when are u unleashing???

Dont make me go all shaolin on you for delaying the post hahahahaha

9/20/2005 4:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home