Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Not Afraid

This post is inspired by this site's efforts to bring together people from all over the world in a photo sharing experience to stand together with Londoners and the UK as they get on the path to recovery. The many photos already submitted carry the message: We're Not Afraid, which is also aimed at the perpetrators of this senseless violence.
The site is currently reorganizing so they could cater for the over 400 pics in the queue. I'm sure the one I submitted yesterday 5pm is yet to posted so in turn ...
A reminder to all y'all cowards that In these cities, we have no fear & we shall not forget.
We will teach our young & old to stand strong & not live in fear of your plots & actions.

With pride we will spread the message everywhere possible. We'll walk, eat, drink, sleep & even dress to this principle:)

Your inhuman actions only serve to strengthen & bring us together right here, up there, yes..here & there, over here, in here & there, again here. Stay with me now, the list is longer than your evil grudges so go see hers, his, yep...hers, his & hers, and again his. Best believe if I left anyone out their's will be here faster than you can say damn!
--------
-A couple of close friends asked me to TLC their pics for the site and 2 agreed that I post their's on this blog (one coming up) & I just may make room for some more. Please let me know if you'd like to have a pic of your choice TLC'd to reflect the message for personal use or to post to that site :))

Photo used with permission from a long-lost blog friend. Words, captions & extras by the blogger.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so totally brilliant Akiey. Good on you for doing your part. I don't have any pics but I support this project with all my heart!

Check out londonstands.blogspot.com

WE ARE NOT AFRAID!!

7/13/2005 3:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Job Akiey ........
I agree we are not afraid... lost blog friend

7/13/2005 1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am NOT afraid! Thanks for this, akiey. You are the most thoughtful blogger I have met.

7/13/2005 2:31 PM  
Blogger akiey said...

@MsK, merci, it's the least I could do to reach out to our dear Londoners. Checked out the site you suggested, very nice even got me a banner:))
NOT AFRAID INDEED!!

@ Anonymous, thanks for stopping by & for allowing me to use the pic. Would be nice to have you blogging again.

@ mshairi, I can tell you are NOT afraid and like you the other Londoners will stand strong:) Thanks for your kind words, I can't help feeling for all of you. Was hard for us in 2001 but we managed somehow.

7/14/2005 2:58 AM  
Blogger Farmgal said...

hey akiey just checked that website, its a brilliant idea. I wish they will think of donating money they make from the slogan to bomb victims all over the world. I just wish the mad killings going on in iraq would stop.

I will send you a pick, I want to give you compe and TLC one myself!

compe ni compe ama aje akiey

I Am Not Afraid!!!!!!!!

7/14/2005 3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are extremly talented! I love what you have done with the pictures..

7/14/2005 6:02 PM  
Blogger akiey said...

@ Wangari, thanks a lot & yep, there's no way we can be afraid!

@ Farmgal, I read somewhere on the same site that they're donating a good portion of the proceeds from the werenotafraid store to the victims' families.
-Please go ahead & send what you're working on. Can't wait to see it. I can tell am in for a "creative beat down" from you. Oooh, am afraid,lol!! yes, compe ni compe & I am not Afraid either:)

@ MJY, how nice to know you're back despite getting ready for Belize:) Thanks for the comment and ...'Extremely talented'? didn't know I was there yet, but thanks for appreciating the talents I may have.

7/17/2005 5:21 AM  
Blogger akiey said...

@ Poi, thaaank you & glad you like them. Am more than happy to share them witchya!

7/20/2005 6:43 AM  
Blogger Guessaurus said...

Akiey - just smiling coz your pictures do that to me often. Yes, we know you are talented so dont get all shy on us.

That 'WE ARE NOT AFRAID' site is cool, I had seen it before I left London and they said they were doing it for the British Red Cross without making any money out of the Tees and stuff - I dont know whether that changed or not.

Cool idea, I love what you do with pics and I love what you do with your site. Keep it up brother and THANKS :)

7/26/2005 9:33 AM  
Blogger Snapshots of ... said...

WOW! The pictures are fantastic.

8/03/2005 6:51 PM  
Blogger akiey said...

Guesss,With friends like you I have no reason to get all shy about this!! Am glad you love the pics & hey I'll keep them coming knowing they give you reason to smile ear-to-ear.

I too hope the affected families get something out of the money being raised.

@Wambui, thanks lots for stopping by & am glad you like the pics!

8/03/2005 9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home