Tuesday, July 11, 2006

No Way, Jose!

If the pic looks familiar you're probably right. Click to find out...or just read along...

What bloggers block? Did I hear the word hiatus? hehe, No Way, Jose! The few KBWs with whom I'm in regular touch and are listed in my address book got hints of some stuff this blogger has been up to while away from blogville. A couple of days ago I moved some furniture around & renovated both Maarifa & Tafsiri, produced some kool new videos that I've already started hosting on both blogs... and there's more changes to come so make yourselves at home.

It's been an interesting few days. Yes, kept busy & still enjoyed the world's greatest sporting event thoroughly especially on the Spanish language channels where the amazingly animated commentators led by Fernando Fiore went Gooool! Gooool!! to mark every goal and just as I kooled off cheering I noticed TeeTee, who also caught the world cup bug was still excitedly bellowing the Latin American accented "G-o-o-o-o-o-o-l!!", sometimes making me think I'd missed another goal, lol!.

I rooted for France to the very end, even as Zidane had to walk away from what would have been one of his life's greatest achievements. Congrats Italia. You deserve the hard-fought win. Zidane, you rightfully earned The Golden Boot, Thierry & co....Vive Les Blues, Vive La France!

Ok good people, as we get back to normal programing I couldn't help laughing at/questioning some of these facts I found here:

  • It is possible to lead a cow upstairs...but not downstairs. (Is that why the bulls chase folks down the streets in Pamplona, Spain?)
  • Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes. (How come the population of Lamu isn't going down & they have more donkeys than planes in the city?)
  • Turtles can breathe through their butts. (So, basically they can't distinguish a fart from exhaling?)
  • Ninety percent of New York City cabbies are recently arrived immigrants. (So, how do they know their way around? Well, most New Yorkers get lost in the huge city so worry not)
    ----

Finally... Is it just me or is that real deal guy sound way happier than most folks you and I know?, huh?

17 Comments:

Blogger Girl in the Meadow said...

Hey interesting weird facts you have over there. Ati you cant lead a cow downstairs Lool.

Me thinks Zidane must have heard something bad to punch the damn guy. Now we even remember him more than probably we would have.

7/11/2006 6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I'll probably be in the minority but in my book, Zizou is no lout or whatever else is being said. I'm not in any way glorifying violence but, it is easy to sit in our houses and judge and call him all manner of things, but we all have our boiling point. Dismissing his legendary career on the basis of one (wonderful) headbutt is foolish at best.

I stand with Zizou. Sometimes, a man's gotta do, what a man's gotta do.

And we must remember, all this people we glorify for being brilliant sportsmen, actors etc, they're all human. Just like you and me.

Hey akiey, long time!! Hope you keeping well!

7/11/2006 7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to have you back and I loved the vids!
Your facts are both true and funny as ever!
As for Zidane I thik after being in the game as long as he has, he should have known what materrazi was trying to do and should have shrugged him off.This isnt the fist time that a player has tried to goad ZZ into doing something stupid, but as Ms K said; he's human and allowed to make mistakes...

7/11/2006 7:31 AM  
Blogger bankelele said...

Re: Zidane. He's a multi-year veteran and should have been able to handle some Italian trash talk - whcih is prevalent in all professional sports. H e was probably upset with his missed header/goal and could feel the game slipping away

7/11/2006 8:40 AM  
Blogger spicebear said...

i went to that site you linked and i'm trying to lick my elbow as i type this.

it's good that you have come back to take care of maarifa and tafsiri, cos eventually you would have ended up on maury pauvich trying to prove that you are their baby daddy.

i see you decided to pimp your blog, i like, i like.

7/11/2006 10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol, okay I have chekad sana on this one "Turtles can breath through their Butts" Hiaya that is news and your caption has had me ROFL .....u funny :-)))
Now you are looking sexy brother,um I meant your site!! I like it... As for Les Blues , am with you, they did good and Zidane is human, who cannot lose their cool whether they are the captain of the team or vying for a world cup. All the eyes being on you, you mother taken ill in hospital etc People should stop de-humanizing him eishh,anyone could have lacked good judgement. We have seen worse situations from people we expect a lot from but either way he is still a hero and adored by many!. But that headbutt (how do you say that en francais?) classic, and in slow motion even better LOL..I bet Mazerrati will not joke with someone else's heritage/mama again!!!

7/11/2006 11:17 AM  
Blogger am mdkims said...

Yes, cows can never be led downhill ... trust me, I come from a pastoralist community ... and about the donkeys ... I posted a comment at Shiroh's and now she is mad at me ... by the way, do turtles have nostrils by any chance? ... New york, New York ... Kenyans get frustrated when they land at JFks by all those taxi drivers who seem so sure of where one is going than the passenger himself

7/13/2006 12:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! i thot i wa the only one enjoying Univision during the WC. Yes those presenters are very animated, made me wish i knew more to spanish than 'muchas gracias'.

I'm loving the music, you gotta tell me how i can do that to my diggz.

7/13/2006 10:59 AM  
Blogger akiey said...

Salaam, Shalom, Peace all my good people.

Hang around, kick off your shoes & relax for a little bit.
I am next door at the other e-house working on a new post & some new audiovisual stuff. Back with replies to your kool comments in a quick sec....

PS: For more detailed info follow me over: Here

7/13/2006 6:01 PM  
Blogger Stunuh Jay said...

And did you hear the most Ironic thing, apparently New Yorkers are the most politest in the world where big city's are concerned! How you doin'?

7/13/2006 7:11 PM  
Blogger gishungwa said...

am with you on the Zizou deal and france. Love the facts .
*smacks self* going through your blog and am thinking,where the heck have i been?
Keep it up.

7/14/2006 12:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol...interesting facts... i worked in lamu for waaaay over a year, and didnt hear of any tragic incidents...
the Zidane incident ... i keep seeing the flip side of it n wondering why everyone's taking it so seriously!

7/17/2006 2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We loooove the house that akiey built!! oops, the houses that you made, you have more than one blog, ama?

Zizou has become a hero among the immigrants in France. Retiring from football but now becoming an icon.

Haya mambo ya punda wa Lamu ni vipi? I agree with you on that dude!

7/21/2006 4:46 AM  
Blogger Shaggy said...

Wassup Playa, hope you are doing just fine. France gave it up just like that.

& yes thanks for stopping by.

Take it easy, partner...

7/27/2006 10:05 AM  
Blogger k.i.d.a.d.a said...

Hey A.k.i.e.y

So very true, strange and abnormal to some extent. I guess there are things that are best left unresolved, unsolved et al...

Now let me follow that link..

NB: Yeah baby...B.I.G UP TO I.T.A.L.Y!!!

7/29/2006 12:41 PM  
Blogger akiey said...

As promised...am unpacking & making sense of all this moving but will reply all comments shortly.

Peace!

8/17/2006 1:09 AM  
Blogger karoki said...

lol!interesting facts! just stopped by to show your page some love>

8/29/2007 12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home