Monday, January 15, 2007

I Have A Dream-remixed

Every Second Monday of January: Time to celebrate the birthday, works, life, sacrifices & contributions of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
In honour of this great son of the US, Citizen of The World, Civil Rights Leader & 1964 Nobel Peace Prize Winner I share with you this musical rendition of his acclaimed 1963 "I Have A Dream" speech whose instrumentals and arrangement yours truly arranged & produced at dawn on Friday Jan 12, 2007 for the akiey5media/The Niteshift imprints.

To hear the 'Dream' part of the speech only, plz click image below to visit our e-home & click track one 'I Have A Dream' on the mp3 player.

Photo Courtesy 'Time' Magazine. Cover Design: akiey5Gallery
To hear the entire speech (highly recommended) plz
click here.

Feel free to request a downloadable mp3 and WMA version of this production for your non-commercial use. Will convert to fit your iPod, mp3 player, PSP, car & home stereo etc.
PS: Martin Luther 'The King' Jr would have turned 78 today. Let's celebrate and reflect on the teachings, values & principles of the Civil Rights Movement and search within & around us to see how (un)well we Keep The Dream Alive.

Happy Birthday Dr. King!
-----------------

NB: If you have a great, clear voice please get in touch soonest. There's interesting gigs awaiting you at our Niteshift imprint.

6 Comments:

Blogger Princess said...

I have always considered MLK, Jr one of my greatest heroes and I memorized his "I Have A Dream!" speech in High school and have quoted it repeatedly since!!

1/15/2007 11:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. King, our Great Man who sacrificed a lot. Thank you Akiey for bringing this to us. I believe it is the only remix I have ever heard of I Have A Dream. If there are any out here then I am yet to hear one that is this well produced.

You are leaving a mark on popular culture with your art. We want to have design work coming to you by the spring Brother. Keep in touch Akiey.

1/17/2007 6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tenemos muchos de respecto por él en nuestro país y comunidad. Leeré tu blog muy a menudo. ¡Akiey, Tu arte es muy impresionante.

1/17/2007 6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good tribute mon frere!!! This I very much like. Please get me the mp3 to add you to my independent producers playlist.
Pas de blague, c'est genial ton talent.

A bientot copain!

1/28/2007 1:55 PM  
Blogger Klara said...

Hail MLK & His I have a dream!!!

1/30/2007 1:51 PM  
Blogger akiey said...

Princess, I bet you still remember the speech word for word:) Good to see you started off young with the MLK tradition.

Sani, Wow! That's too kind of you my friend! I am flattered (and floored)lol! True, haven't heard another MLK speech remix but there might be some around the place. Let you know.
Thanks for sharing your wisdom.

Raul Ellison, Todos debemos sentirnos inspirados para hacer más. Realmente aprecio tu contribución amigo!

Marshall, Am happy this resonates with you. I already sent you the mp3 and MMTI versions. Lemme know what's up!

Klara, Hail MLK indeed! Am glad you're feeling this. Let's keep the dream alive.

2/21/2007 2:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home