Saturday, March 26, 2005

My nite ender & day starter on 107.9


What better way to end an insomniac 'all niter' than with the very funny, informative & entertaining Russ Parr Morning Show? :)

Ofcourse Mr.Russ is the engine behind the show & having done it for so many years (remember back when he hosted it with Olivia as the Russ Parr & Olivia Foxx Show?) he's really at home with all the issues ranging from current affairs, improvs, call ins, artiste interviews, etc, etc. He can be rib-splitting funny, yet outrightly serious depending on the issues-great flexibilty I believe. As for his doing 'The Chuck D', I think it's damn funny & amazing, don't quit it Russ!

The whole crew is the real deal & with the entry of the ever-funny Alfredas, who started off interning on the show back in the day, the show's gotten new life. I love the gal's sense of humor & slight accent esp when she reads the horoscopes with the "..and now Ar-iiiiies..", lol!
Super Kin with his up-to-date ' straight from the street report', Shaqwana with her 'word of the day' & her alter-ego Mei Lin's Chinese hair stylist stunts & of course Dj 6th Sense who has spices up the morning with a superb selection of upbeat music.
I particularly love "Hook 'em Up Wednesdays", Thursday's "Song Improv", and Friday's "The Wrong Song". We catch it on 107.9FM Mon-Sat, 6am-10am. Russ & Alfredas can also be viewed weeknites on TV1's "Get The Hook Up"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in Chicago's North side and we get that show too. It's da shit to wake up to every morning. I listen to it on my way to work every day. I like your article too.

5/14/2005 2:14 PM  
Blogger akiey said...

Tyshaun, thanks for dropping by. The show is hilarious & I catch most times I stay up late at night. I also like their Tv show.

5/19/2005 12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home